Health and Happiness....that is all we hope for



Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On The Farm



Right now is calfing season. That's when all the mama cows are going to have their babys, it last about a month. It is definatly my favorite time on the farm. This little guy pictured above is only hours old. When they first get up on their feet they bounce and kick around as if to say "look at me look at me!" They have fun chasing our hound dog around and running him off. The most interesting thing to me is that the mama cows are so protective of these little babys. They are normaly a little shy any other day, but whenever we have to tag the new babys and check to see if they are a girl or boy they stay right by their side and carry on a big fuss. Sometimes they get ballsy and like to head but you (this is why I stay my distance most of the time) I have a huge respect for such a large animal ecspecialy when protecting their little baby. I have to say sometimes I feel like headbutting people that are tossing my little guy around like he is a little puppy or something. We experienced a lot of this this past holiday weekend. For the most part he loves all the attention but can get overstimulated easily, thats when he wants his momma. Maybe we are more like animals than we think?

No comments:

Post a Comment